Is there a rule for how long your blog post titles SHOULDN’T be? Because I’m pretty sure I just broke that rule with that title. I have Jessica to thank though for doing it last week and showing me it was ok, once in a while ;0)
Anyway, back to the title. This was what happened to me last week. I flipped off my alarm and went back to sleep, thus leaving me zero time to shower and get ready for the day. On top of that, a lot of the laundry had NOT been done yet so I was limited on what was clean and available to wear!
Perfect opportunity to do a blog post on it, but of course! So if this ever happens to you, here’s what you do:
1) Grab a pair of pants – any pants! Hopefully you have enough that one pair won’t be dirty! Who cares, you’re pregnant and can get away with (almost) anything :D
2) Maternity tops dirty? Have no fear, grab one of your regular long t-shirts (because you have a bunch of those now that you know you can still totally wear them in pregnancy!) and layer it with a tank top if the length is a bit short.
3) Feeling a little bit chilled? Pull on a stretchie zippered sweatshirt – I have a couple of these ones from Costco in different sizes, and they have LOADS of stretch!
4) Need to look a bit more presentable for errands or picking the kids up from somewhere? Throw on a simple cardigan and switch up your footwear! Or not, as you can see I didn’t bother :D Just make sure you don’t go out in those fuzzy slippers :D
5) Hair not looking top-notch? Pull back and to the side (loosely!) and into a braid, or use Goody spin-pins to get everything up and out of the way.
It doesn’t have to be fancy, and chances are you’ll always be able to find something to work with, even if you did sleep in and didn’t shower or do the laundry. Just be creative!