Happy Canadian Thanksgiving from the not-quite-frozen-but-definitely-getting-very-cold North! We enjoyed a fantastic time at the cottage over the weekend with my parents, sisters, brother and grandparents – what a blessing to have a place to go to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and be near a lake, surrounded by trees and silence (other than kids screaming in laughter :D) and loved ones.
We are truly, amazingly blessed!
Some things I am thankful for (continuing in my 1000 Gifts Journey):
3 Things Orange
527. Orange shirts
3 Gifts Falling
529. Changed leaves to the ground
530. Water freely falling from our taps (easily taken for granted!)
531. My desire for ME as my desire for HIM grows.
A Gift Caught, Let Go, Mid-Way
532. Fall decorating bug – caught!
533. Needing to get everything checked off our schedule – let go
534. Sick break during school
3 Gifts Reaped
535. Pumpkins for our co-op lesson
536. Excitement from kids wanting to help in the kitchen
537. Wisdom and strength from God’s word
3 Gifts Returned
538. Library books we can use
539. A love between great-grandparents and grandchildren
540. Another trip to the cottage for Thanksgiving
3 Gifts Redeemed
541. Sunlight streaming through dying leaves
542. Cool mornings with coffee
543. Phone dying and limited reception during family vacation
A Gift Baked, Stirred, Eaten
544. Mom’s apple pie
545. Cream into coffee
546. Turkey dinner with family (and another one tonight!)
3 Gifts Prayed For
547. Healing in sick bodies
548. Healing in broken hearts
549. God’s provision and grace
550. I am thankful that even if I don’t know or can’t explain where God is in a circumstance, HE knows EXACTLY where we are and what He is doing (Job 23:8-12)
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!