This is my very first writing conference, and I’m incredibly excited, nervous and eager to be there and soak up some wisdom and hopefully learn some new things about blogging. I’ve been reading everyone’s 10 Things My Allume Roomie Needs To Know About Me posts, but since I’m rooming with my hubby, I didn’t write one :D
Instead, there’s a great Allume Newbie link-up that Amy has put on over at Permission to Peruse to help us all learn a bit about each other beforehand.
Top 5 Things I Hope to Learn From Allume – I think this can be summed up in the sessions I am hoping to take:
1. How to Balance Writing and Children – I have 3, and a 4th on the way, and I want my priorities to stay with them. This is constantly a struggle and I need help in setting my boundaries and time while still finding time to do what I never thought I would find myself enjoying – writing.
2. Following Your Passion – this blog is not my own, and I don’t want it to be all about me, but about the one who made me. Sometimes I get carried away with things and I really want this to be about what God has put into my heart and not what I think I should be writing based on what others are doing.
3. Using Your Blog For Real Life Discipleship – I am so relational. I love women and I love the way our hearts can knit together. I want to encourage others and help to expose darkness while speaking the truth in love.
4. Homeschooling and Blogging – Oh there’s so much I could write about, if I only had 50 hours a week to do so! But along with my relationship with God, my husband and children, homeschooling (and doing so WELL) NEEDS to come first.
5. Blogging as a Ministry – again, how can I reach the hearts of so many women who are hurting and be a blessing from where God has put me.
Top 5 Things I’m Freaking Out About: I don’t know if I can come up with 5, but I’ll give it a shot! :D
1. I’ll be 8 months pregnant and I’m pretty sure I’m going to be uncomfortable sitting all day long. So if I walk out of one of your sessions a few times, please don’t take offense! Know it’s only another trip to the bathroom or to stretch out my aching back :D
2. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be so overwhelmed with the options and parties for connections I might be tempted to just sneak back to my room and go to bed. Please don’t let me and pull me along to at LEAST one of them!
3. I’d much rather be cold than hot, and I know we’re finally getting some fall weather, but the days still have a tendency to get warm at points. So I’m not sure just how big my piece of luggage is going to be with all the “options” I may need to pack :D Thankfully my hubby will be there to drag it around for me ;0)
4. I’m a little concerned about what my husband is going to do the whole time I’m there. I know he’s planning on working, but if your hubby is going too, help me talk him into hanging out with the other #allumehusbands for a bit in the “dude room” :D
5. I tend to get on an emotional high from amazing weekends in the word and spending time with women like this. I don’t want to crash when I get home, and I want to leave the results of my connections in Gods’ hands. How on EARTH will I ever summarize what I’m learning and really truly wrap my head around it all?!
Well, that’s about it. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone and soaking up some wisdom in just a few weeks’ time!
Check out more posts from Allume conference newbies over at Permission to Peruse!