The Christmas celebrations are over, but we have still a little less than a week off and we are blessed to have The Man home with us for all of it! So far it has been a mixture of busy with low-key, but in all, the whole Christmas Eve to Boxing Day celebrations has been a real blessing, and probably the most relaxing one I’ve experienced since we’ve had kids :0)
Here are my Top Ten moments from our family Christmas spent together:
1. Taking Daddy to feed the chickadees on Christmas Eve. Again, so in awe of God’s beauty and majesty in creation. What an awesome experience!
2. Having our first birthday party for Jesus – the Reason for the Season! Complete with cupcakes :0)
3. Giving the boys the things they had saved so hard for, but had instead decided to donate the hard-earned money to Gospel for Asia to help provide for some families. They were BEYOND thrilled! Our hearts are blessed by this opportunity to teach them about generosity and God’s love and blessing.
Malachi 3:10 “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.”
4. Watching Keeker open gifts on her own this year.
5. Spending time with 30+ of The Man’s family on Christmas Day – great times with cousins!
7. Making and EATING these cute Christmas cupcakes! (post to come on these)
8. Snuggly kids with colds and time spent with my family Boxing Day.
9. The kids thrilled with their long awaited for pillow pets – thanks Nana and Papa!
10. My Macbook Air – a shocking gift from my hubby, and a much needed blessing of a replacement for my dinosaur, falling apart laptop.
I have been so blessed this Christmas – family, food, warmth, snuggles, laughter, gifts – and the greatest gift of all, experiencing the love of Christ which continues on when everything else has ended.