All the years we went strawberry picking with my mom, each time she would make this absolutely delicious strawberry and cream cheese chocolate pie. She originally got the recipe from the place we picked berries from, and I had the pleasure of making it for my family for the first time this year! (I’m not sure why it took me 8 years to do it?!?) It is delicious, refreshing, creamy and chocolatey, all without not being too sweet. The perfect post BBQ dessert!
STRAWBERRY AND CHOCOLATE PIE
- 3 squares (1 oz each) semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 9 inch baked pastry shell (you can use my basic pie crust recipe)
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, melted
In saucepan, melt 2 oz. chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over bottom and up sides of pastry shell.
Melt remaining chocolate and drizzle over all.
Refrigerate until ready to serve or the chocolate is hardened.
Salivate, indulge and enjoy!
Linking up with