I had planned on updating this each week, but after my last week or so I had NO TIME and didn’t even get around to blogging regularly :0( So you’re getting a belated update, and although some progress has been made, I’m realizing I need to get even MORE serious about these goals! Starting with printing and posting so they’re in my face and I remember what they are – pregnancy brain is something else to deal with!
July Goals – Personal
wake up at 5:30 (READ: GET TO BED BY 10:30 :D)- well, I’ve been doing quite well on this one, but the getting to bed by 10:30 has been a struggle!
- do NOT go near the computer until quiet time is finished! - woh, woh, woh, BIG FAT FAIL! Lord give me strength!
- work through 21 Days of Prayer for Sons and praying for my husband - here and there, I really should be doing this at least 4 times a week!
find and make 3 hot breakfasts a week (any suggestions would be great ;D)– not too shabby on this front! But I still need to PLAN them instead of scrambling last minute
work on decluttering the home and organizing (8 weeks to a less-cluttered home)- YES! This has been fantastic! I haven’t been following the days exactly, but since the boys are at VBS this week, I’ve been taking HUGE chunks out of what needs to be done
- Sew these pillows - NOPE! The night I went to sew these our printer wouldn’t print the template. Sigh. And now I’m adding quilts to the list. Iy yiy!
Get shelving for cold storage (Costco) and re-organize serveware we’re not using all the time- BINGO! Thanks to my hubby for picking these up last night, I’ll be working on the organizing today!
- Clear off desk in my bedroom, find a place for each item (or toss it!), and move it to the sewing room - This was the goal for yesterday, but the main floor was such a disaster after last week that it took most of the day to get it all cleaned and back in order.
July Goals – Marriage
- go on one date (outside of all the weddings we have!) - Well, July isn’t over yet :D But we still haven’t gone on our date!
spend one evening a week reading (out loud or just near each other :D)- Yes, one evening is an easy goal!
July Goals – Children and Homeschooling
- Read 2 chapters out loud each day - One, sometimes. August will be better, I promise :D
Continue memorizing Psalm 103- We just picked it up again last week, I’m shocked they still remember it! We’re up to verse 6
- Work on our Virtues and Character studies - Not so much. This week is out b/c of VBS and they’re gone for 7 hours!
Start reading through the Unit Study Idea Book- I read this while at the cottage. Next step – PLAN IT!